Over the last 15 years Arji has written a variety of different works. From writing lyrics for The Leano and Oojami to writing for other artists and full scale theatre productions. Arji is currently focused on producing poetry delving into identity and the concept of 'belonging'
Arji is currently a Jerwood/ Arvon Mentee which means he is supported by Hannah Lowe in the production of a brand new pamphlet expected soon.
Credits for poetry 2018/2019 include
- 2019 JERWOOD/ARVON Mentee
- The Lake (2019) -
- Merak Magazine
- The Rialto (2019)
- Prole Magazine / 'A sonnet for the equal opportunities monitoring form.' (2018)
- The Lighthouse Journal / 'My Top Shottah' (2018)
- Blue Nib (2018)
- Cannon's Mouth (2018)
- Live Canon's 154 (2018)
- Poet in Residence for 2017 at Shakespeare's Birthplace trust
- Poet in Residence for 2018 at The Wedgewood Museum
- Shortlisted for Live Canon poetry prize
- Shortlisted for Robert Graves Prize
- Shortlisted for Burning Eye Pamphlet Prize
- All lyrics for The Leano and Oojami
As part of his residency in a canal boat hire shop in Stratford upon Avon Arji produced this short film
This film was produced for refugee week 2019.
This film was produced for refugee week 2016. Since then it has been played in The British Museum and has been featured as part of Kazzum's nationwide information pack.
These are two stills from his visual art collaboration with the talented Danny Fernandez. In that exhibition he responded directly to Danny's powerful photographs.
The work is for sale.